Monday, January 28, 2008

Beyond Performance and Tuning

Now: Performance Management products focus on:
- What query is running ‘bad’ ?
- Do I need to rewrite SQL or add indexes ?
- Is is the response of my entire user community ?
- How many ‘transactions’ can a process in one minute ?

Future: Are the business services that are making my company the most money being completed in a timely fashion ?
- What are my key business services ?
- At month and year end our the business services that make my company the most money getting the resources they need ?
- For this need:
- A tool/product that business people can use to identify their key business processes/transactions
- A product/system that can automatically monitor these key business process and allocate the appropriate middle tier and database resources.

Really all about
Business Relevance not Performance & Tuning

No comments: